1. How many intakes are there each year? When does the year start?

There is one intake every year. The Fall Term starts in September at the HKUST campus.

2. What is the class size?

The intake is expected to be around 60-90 students. 

3. What is the course length and how many class hours will it cover?

For a 2-credit course, there are a total of 28 contact hours. There is usually one class per week for each course, so it takes 8 weeks (with the final week allotted for examination) to complete a course of 2 credits.

4. Can I claim course exemptions for my previous study?

Yes, but credits for exempted courses have to be replaced by electives. Some courses can be exempted for students who have obtained certain qualifications with proof provided, such as transcripts and syllabuses of courses taken within the past 7 years, when the content and level of the previous courses are equivalent to those of the exempted courses and satisfactory grades were achieved. Subject to the approval of the MSBA Academic Director, students may apply for credit transfer of no more than three (3) courses (6 credits) in the program.

5. Is it possible to extend the length of my study?

We normally do not encourage students to extend their length of study. However, we do offer study extensions for students who cannot complete the program within the defined timeframe because of health reasons. 

6. What is the major difference between the part-time study mode and the full-time study mode?

The part-time study mode is mostly for working executives in Hong Kong or nearby regions. It takes normally two years to complete for the part-time program. Students in the part-time study mode are recommended to have at least two years of full-time post-qualification work experience.

The students of the full-time study mode are mostly recent graduates or junior professionals who dedicate their full attention to the master study. Student can complete the program in one year.

7. Do I need a student visa for studying in Hong Kong?

Yes, students who do not have the right to reside in Hong Kong are required to apply for a student visa for entering into Hong Kong and studying a full-time master degree program. The Program Office will coordinate with the Fok Ying Tung Graduate School to arrange student visas for all incoming students upon admission and prior to the commencement of the program.